Epson Stylus Color 670 Printer Driver for Mac OS X
Credit must go to Rick-aka Mauian (not associated with Object Craft) who suggested that modifyed the 740 printer driver to recognise the 670 and identifying itself as a 670 printer driver worked fine. His printer driver only worked under Mac OS X 10.1 so we tried making those changes to the 740 printer driver under 10.2. This works for us - hope you find it useful. You can get Rick-aka Mauian's 10.0, 10,1 driver here.
Please note that this driver is not supported by Epson and that you download and use this driver entirely at your own risk.
- Download and mount the disk image (Mounting the image should probably happen automatically after downloading is complete)
- Take the file: "SC670.plugin" and put it in the "EPSON" folder located in the path "/Library/Printers/EPSON"
- Connect your printer
- Start up an application that can print documents.
- Open a document to print, and choose print. This will pring up the print window.
- Choose "Edit Printer List" from the Printer Drop Down
- Click on "Add" in the window that appears
- Choose EPSON USB, EPSON FireWire or EPSON AppleTalk, depending on how you connect to your printer
- Your EPSON SC670 driver will appear in the window below, click on this printer and select add
- You should now be able to print to this printer
Latest release: SC670.dmg 1210K Apr 23 2003